HR Project Management for Seamless M&A Integration
We help organizations move quickly through integration following the announcement of a merger or acquisition deal. One way we help is to provide an experienced human resources project manager to manage the task flow, timeline, issues resolution, and communications channels associated with the integration. The project manager coordinates workflow with our client’s team, vendors, legal team, and other outside partners that are critical to the integration.
Expanding the Bandwidth of Your HR Team
Why use an experienced project manager who has worked through integrations before?
- The project manager expands the bandwidth of the HR team during a labor intensive integration process.
- The HR team can focus on completing the integration rather than administrative tasks like setting up team conference calls, following up with integration team members to ensure tasks have been completed on time, and driving resolution of open issues.
- An organized approach ensures a greater probability that all issues have been identified and resolved or a process has been put in place to deal with unresolved or unanticipated issues.
Areas of HR Project Management during M&A
The project manager tracks and mitigates work flow across the following typical areas:
- 401(k) or 403(b) plans
- Defined benefit plans, if applicable
- Nonqualified plans
- Health care plans (medical, prescription drug, dental, vision)
- Third party administrators (COBRA, FMLA, unemployment)
- Life insurance plans
- Short term and long term disability
- PTO / FMLA
- Plan documents
- HR technology systems
- Performance management
- Compensation and rewards
- Executive compensation and benefits
- Short term and long term incentive plans
- Participant and employee communications
- Existing vendor contracts
- Other programs as defined by the client and our subject mater experts during the due diligence process